New. Small. White.
Gratiuitous opinion on the new Apple announcements today:
- iPod Shuffle. What, they really couldn't fit an LCD display in there? Nonetheless looks like a nice small white thing. The 4G iPod is just a little too big for running with, so I might get one. Consider yourself warned though: "Do not eat iPod shuffle" (see footnote 2 on Apple's page).
- Mac Mini. This is just amazing. My only gripe is lack of optical audio output for playing AC-3 DVDs. Otherwise, it looks like an amazing media player box. I spend a lot of time moving the powerbook into the living room to play videos or show photos, so this looks just the ticket. Must. Have. Mac Mini.
- MacOS Tiger. Glad it's getting close to shipping. Some of this is exciting, some not. Spotlight is the big new feature, but we'll see how it turns out in practice.
- iLife 05. Nice updates to iPhoto, the only iLife app that iUse. Don't really care about the others, so US$79 is a little steep. But I'm a sucker so I'll probably upgrade anyway.
- iWork. Good package, good price. Won't use it.
Update: Another great Apple corporate disclaimer was for the Apple Pro Mouse:
This material is provided for information purposes only; Apple assumes no liability related to its use. Apple does not recommend allowing an elephant to operate a Mac in any environment.
But of course everyone knows that elephants are afraid of mice anyway...